I typically don’t share my day to day life because it isn’t all that exciting. I get up, let the dog out, maybe workout, make breakfast and pack lunches, then go to work. I come home, let the dog out, make dinner and do dishes. It’s really not much to write about…except for the recipes I make! So, it is much easier for me to post a recipe than it is for me to recap my day. Because of that, I find that I don’t actually share too much about myself here. Fortunately, I now have a reason to share!
A week or so ago, my dear friend Julie from Spinach and Sprinkles tagged me as a Blissful Blogger.
In return, I have to write 7 things about myself. This was tough since I feel like I’ve shared a lot of the interesting things about me and the rest of the crap I could share is kind of boring. Alas, I was able to find a few interesting tidbits.
1. I was the Prom Queen in high school. I was pretty miserable that night because of the 70+ bobby pins in my hair! My date (who was new to the school) was really sweet afterwards and told his mom “Guess who I took to the prom!” After her initial silence, she said “I’m pretty sure you took Kristin” to which he replied “I took the Prom Queen to prom!” with the biggest smile on his face. While we waited to get this picture taken, the Prom King told me that winning this made his life.
2. I use coconut oil or olive oil as my face moisturizer. I started out using the olive oil and really liked it. However, my skin is not what one would call clear. In reading about coconut oil, I found out that it is an anti-microbial and an anti-fungal. I thought maybe it could help clear up my skin a little bit, so I have just started using it in the past few days and am happy with it so far.
3. I was born in Milwaukee, WI. An extra fun fact: my parents’ house when I was born was the size of my porch. Seriously, we have a huge porch and they had a tiny house! I moved to Cincinnati when I was 6 and then moved back to Wisconsin when I was 10. I then moved to Virginia when I was 12 and have been here ever since (and definitely won’t live anywhere else!!)
4. I was captain of the cheerleading squad in high school. I cheered for five years and absolutely loved it. I was also a gymnast, so I would tumble at games when our team would score.
Not my best picture ever but for some reason I have always liked it.
5. I’m a huge introvert and need quiet time to recharge. Sometimes I’m very thankful for my 50 minute commute from work because I’m surround by people for most of the day. It is my time to just be and think about the day and the evening ahead. Sometimes I’ll even ride home with the radio off because I just need peace and quiet!
6. I forget how old I am at times. I was going to wait until my birthday in January to talk about my age, but I decided to just go for it. I’m not one of those people who is afraid to get older. As long as I’m feeling good, I don’t care how old I am. I always thought it was weird when people said they couldn’t remember how old they were, but now I’m one of those people! When my little brother turned 25 back in March, I had a hard time believing that’s how old he was since I was 100% certain that’s how old I was! How could he be 25 if I’m 25?? Also, on a few surveys I’ve taken online and I’ve had to put in my age, I have literally selected 24 or 25 and thought I was right. It took me a few minutes to realize that I was actually 27…here’s to hoping my memory stops fading!!
7. I had a vision of my honey before I met him. When I was a senior in college, I was thinking about what type of guy I would end up with. After dating a few guys who all were fairly similar, I had this vision of a tall, athletic (read: skinny ), blue eyed, brown haired guy. I pictured him in my head along with distinct features such as the way he stood and the look on his face. It was months later after I actually met my honey that I remembered this vision. Kind of weird, huh?
So there’s seven things about me that you probably didn’t know! I hope you enjoyed this little peak into my life
I’m supposed to tag a few other bloggers to do this as well, so here they are:
Lindsay of Lindsay’s List
Mindy of Finding Time to Breathe
The girls at Naturally Sweet Recipes
Katie of Peace, Love and Oats
Amy of Nutrition by Nature
Tell me something about you that I don’t know.