On days that I don’t have a smoothie or oatmeal for breakfast, I whip up a batch of these pancakes. They are a million times better than the Hungry Jack ones I used to make (and practically lived on…). Plus, they are LOADED with protein!!! I find that I can eat one or two at 6:30am and not truly be hungry for my 10am snack. I always ALWAYS end up eating my snack though 🙂
Super protein-packed pancakes (makes 4-6 pancakes)
- 1 cup GF flour (I use Pamela’s baking and pancake mix– YUM!)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed + 2 1/2 tbsp warm water)
- 1 cup whole raw milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- splash of vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well. Set aside while you preheat your pan.
2. Preheat your non-stick frying pan or griddle <— this is a VERY important step!
3. Pour a sizable amount onto griddle, then add some blueberries (or other berry/fruit)
4. Flip when you can see small bubbles or that the edges are starting to harden.
5. Once cooked all the way through, place on a pretty plate and douse with butter and pure maple syrup!
Try these for breakfast some day, or for dinner as I did this evening 🙂
PS- does this happen to anyone else?
This is what I am facing in the kitchen:
And this is what my honey is doing:
Fair? I think not! What he doesn’t know is that I’ll be saving the dishes until tomorrow morning for him 🙂