Lately, I haven’t had time to post as much as I’d like. It takes awhile to put together something and then try to include a picture to make whatever I’m talking about more visually appealing (and I’ve been doing a crappy job at that!). It’s a lot of extra time added into my already busy schedule. However, that doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing awesome things that I want to share with you all, so I figured I’d just sum up most of it with a list instead!
- We bought 1/4 of a cow from the people we get milk from. It was completely grass-fed and was never given an antibiotic or hormone. It’s the cleanest meat I could buy! I ended up with 44 lbs of ground beef, and about 15 steaks. I gave the roasts to my mother-in-law and decided against the ribs. Unfortunately, I don’t know enough about buying beef so the steaks are incredibly thick! My poor honey!
- I’ve been keeping up with my workouts, but I’ve been finding it harder and harder to get excited about the workouts I used to do. Last Friday, I ran two miles, and then on Sunday, I ran another 3.5. I really needed to stretch, so I looked up some yoga videos on YouTube. Luckily, I found flexiblewarrioryoga and have regained my love for my practice! I did a few stretches and some sun salutations and felt incredible. I also downloaded a Yoga app for my Mac today and hope to learn more poses and create some of my own routines with it. I’ve been doing some sort of yoga every day this week and don’t plan to stop! It just brings such a calmness and mindfulness to the rest of my day when I start out with it.
- I am working on a photography post, highlighting some of the sessions I’ve done recently. You’re going to have to wait until next week to see it though because I have an engagement session scheduled for the day after Christmas!
- Remember when I told you about the coconut oil I bought online? Well, I am absolutely in love with that website and I have recently ordered lots of other coconut goodies 🙂 None of them have come in yet, so you’ll have to wait on the review of the products, but I have no doubt they will be incredible! Just browsing the site has also stirred a lot of curiosity in me about apple cider vinegar and fasting. I promise there will be more to come on both as I finish up my first water fast today and still have more to read in the apple cider vinegar book I found online.
- I finally broke down and bought my honey some protein powder. I’ve been sort of hemming and hawing about the price and the nutrition of the brands out there, so I never bought any. In researching whey protein from grass-fed cows, I found some on Swanson’s website. I ordered the chocolate for my honey and waited patiently for it. I learned something new about my honey when he first tried the stuff…he had some bad experience when he was younger with clumps in a powdered shake! He didn’t elaborate, but my method of putting the milk and the powder in a half-pint mason jar and shaking is not working for him! The taste of it is also interesting…you can tell it is fake sweetener and a lot of it! I haven’t really asked if it keeps him full, but I think it does a good enough job.
- I’ve watched some incredible documentaries lately and have been so inspired! Mostly they are reaffirming the reasons I want to live a healthy lifestyle, but I’m learning a lot of new stuff. I want to take my time to write down my thoughts about each one of them, so again, you’ll have to wait. Check out information about Max Gerson if you get the chance. Three of the documentaries are about his therapy that has cured cancer…it is so incredible to see!
- I finished my Christmas cards!!! Only they won’t be here until at least the 23rd…oops!
It’s been a very nice and relaxing day off and I actually accomplished a lot on my list! There are still so many more things I need to do, but I’ve got plenty of time 🙂