I’m still down in Mexico, I return on the 21st, and I leave you with one last goodie to cool yourself off this summer. Enjoy!
Ice cream is by far my favorite treat. Especially when it has Reese’s cups in it. However, as I’ve cut back on sugar, the ice cream I can get when I’m out is now far too sweet (including the Reese’s). Therefore, I just make my own.
Homemade Red, White and Blue Ice Cream (Makes about 6 cups)
This naturally sweetened ice cream will be quite refreshing on a hot summer’s day.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raw cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- generous pinch of salt
1. Whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla for at least a minute.
2. Add the cream, coconut milk and regular milk and whisk to combine.
3. Make the ice cream per your ice cream maker directions.
4. While the ice cream is churning, add your berries with a little bit of coconut milk to a blender and puree.
5. When the ice cream is almost done, add your pureed berries. When the ice cream has reached desired consistency, remove from maker and enjoy!
Note: if you’d like to sweeten it, add your favorite sweetener to the eggs and whisk together.