You think I’m going to share a recipe for peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips, don’t you?
Sorry to disappoint you, but that’s not what I’ve got for you tonight.
Instead, I’ve got two separate recipes to share that you could combine for quite the sweet treat if you really wanted to.
First up, homemade peanut butter!
Honey Vanilla Peanut Butter (Makes 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups unsalted, dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
1. Place peanuts in a food processor.
2. Turn on and let process for about 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl if necessary.
3. Continue to let it process until it is smooth and creamy. This can take up to 5 minutes. It turned into a smooth texture, but clumped back up shortly afterwards, so I processed it for quite awhile.
4. Once smooth, add in the vanilla, honey and salt. Process again to incorporate.
5. Remove from bowl and store in air tight containers, such as half-pint mason jars.
I used this in my Triple Nut Crunch Granola Bars last night and they are my favorite batch I’ve made!
Next up is a recipe I have not had since I stopped eating wheat. I’ve been dying for a good chocolate chip cookie for some time, but never felt that maple syrup was going to give me the same flavor as brown sugar does, so I put off making them. Recently, I’ve been reading more about palm sugar and coconut sugar. I’m still not completely sure of the difference, but some people say the names are used interchangeably for the same thing.
I had an Amazon gift certificate, so I decided to finally buy some palm sugar with visions of chocolate chip cookies dancing in my head 🙂
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies)
A wonderfully soft cookie with a nice blend of salt and sweet.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine 1 tbsp ground flax seed with 2 1/2 tbsp warm water. Set aside.
2. Beat butter with a mixer for a minute. Add the palm sugar and mix until incorporated.
3. Add the flax egg and vanilla. Mix again until combined.
4. Add the salt and baking powder. Then add 1/2 cup of the flour. Mix until combined.
5. Add another 1/2 cup flour and mix again. I added the last 1/2 cup a little at a time to make sure I got the consistency right.
6. Add the chocolate chips and stir with spatula or large spoon until incorporated.
7. Spoon cookies onto cookie sheet, and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
I’m only slightly embarrassed to admit that I had three of these cookies, along with two bowls of Rice Chex for dinner last night 🙂
I would have to say chocolate chip cookies (especially these ones!!) are up at the top of my list of favorite cookies. What’s yours??